Friday, March 20, 2015

Disney World - 3-14-2015 Part 1

Well, we were very excited to be going to Disney World for our 35th anniversary, especially since we honeymooned at Disney World, back when there was only a Magic Kingdom (no Epcot, no Hollywood Studios, no Animal Kingdom.. etc).

So excited, when I got off the shuttle bus at our local airport for the plane ride to Florida, I mis-stepped off the bus and fell flat on my face!

I severely strained my Achilles tendon on my left foot, and hit my knee real hard on my right leg! At this point, I could barely walk, but I figured if I walked it off, I’d be OK.

Walking into the terminal was excruciating. I could walk about 50 feet before I had to sit down, and searching for places to sit before I even got up from one seat was pretty tough to do. My wife, thank God for her, was right there with me helping me along the way. We made it through all the security checks, and to the gate, but I wondered if my leg would tighten up if I sat too long. When it came time to get on the plane, I was sure I hadn’t torn anything, but knew I’d be in for some pain for quite a few days.

When I got off the plane in Orlando, it was quite painful again, but the more I walked the more it stretched out (to an extent). I was still hobbling quite badly, and by now, shifting the weight to my right leg, was making my knee ache!

After an uneventful trip to our hotel at the Caribbean Beach Resort, we checked into our room, grabbed some lunch there and took an internal bus to Disney’s Hollywood Studio.

More to come…

No comments:

Post a Comment